BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review Empty
PostPerpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review The_ag10

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013)
Self Released -- Running Time 59:31

Retro, Classic or Old School thrash bands are big at the moment. There has been a real shift in recent years for younger bands to discover and rediscover all that brilliant music from the 1980’s and give us their own versions. Perpetual Warfare are another one of a slew of thrash bands trying not only to bring that classic sound up to date but also to stand out from everyone else. Formed in Bogotá, Colombia in 2006 ‘The Age of War’ is their second album and it will immediately provide you with an answer as to whether they can cut it, but I’ll tell you anyway…yes they can. Perpetual Warfare supply the listener with huge gashes of brutal thrash in the vein of early Sepultura, Slayer, Exodus and Testament along with small blood splatters of Metallica and Annihilator. They do it with young & raw enthusiasm, passion, guts and an authentic production that has me thinking I’m a teenager again. That is until my back cracks and reality sets in!!

This four piece comprising of Vocalist/Guitarist ‘Camilo Muñoz’ (Evilthrasher), Bassist ‘Wilson Muñoz’ (Evildrinker), Lead Guitarist ‘Steve Láyton’ (Evilmaniac) and Drummer ‘Johan Cardona’ (Evilrat) seem to have found a good balance between old and new also bringing to mind bands such as Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste and 4Arm. They also deal with some intense political and religious subjects in the lyrics which hold a snarling two fingers up at the society they find themselves living in. Some of the lyrics are also sung in their native language, which if anything adds an extra level of venom to proceedings. ‘Terminator Seed’, ‘Colapso Mortal’ ‘Showbixxx’ and the title track are all great thrash tracks which really should have you holding the horns aloft in appreciation. Perpetual Warfare won’t win any awards for originality with their music, but as I’ve said many times before, when it’s played well with fire in the belly and the band can write a good riff and provide a catchy chorus then who gives a shit. I love thrash metal of all types and ‘The Age Of War’ has rapidly gone into my top five Thrash albums for 2013. Recommended

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review Perpet10

www.facebook.com/pages/Perpetual-Warfare/226805525136
www.youtube.com/user/MrPerpetualwarfare

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Perpetual Warfare – The Age Of War (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1