BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review Empty
PostElectric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review Heart_10

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015)
Self Released/Twisted Snake Records -- Running Time - 19:42

SCORE
6/10

'Heart Of Venom' is the debut, four track EP from Electric Viper who are based around Derbyshire, East Midlands in the UK. They mix a variety of Metal and Rock genres from Classic and NWOBHM through to Sleaze and Hair with a definite nod at Metallica and their website describes them as a band who want to "hold the torch for the next generation". However, from what I'm listening to here, they perhaps need to go back to the drawing board and think again!

Whilst there is nothing intrinsically wrong with their music, it is missing a vital something that would elevate Electric Viper to the next level. A case in point is opener 'Love Is Dead'. When you are putting out a debut anything you really want it to contain your best work, but here Electric Viper have used the weakest track first. It sounds laboured (especially the drumming), repetitive and the vocals really don't come across particularly well. Remaining three tracks 'Blood Red Tears', 'Defeated' and 'Dance With The Devil' do fair better but nothing stands out or gives me the feeling that I'm listening to a torchbearer of anything!

What you have to remember is that, as a reviewer, I am sent hundreds of singles, EP's and albums to listen to from all over the world and they don't scratch the surface of everything that is released. Even if I just narrowed this down to UK based bands, that I know of, then there are MANY out there who are doing this sort of thing really well and I'm not talking about how talented they are as musicians. What always has to come first is the song and whilst Electric Viper might think that they have their own style, in actual fact they aren't doing anything remotely new and the songs themselves don't have that spark of life that makes the hairs on my arms stand up!

Electric Viper will no doubt build up a loyal, local following and if you catch them gigging at a pub or small club (where they mix up their original songs with covers from Metallica, AC/DC and Ozzy amongst others) I also have no doubt you'll have an enjoyable evening. If that is what this band are aiming for then good for them as there is no harm in that and it is precisely what I did as a drummer in bands for many years! If, however, they really want to go further then Electric Viper will have to write more engaging and catchy tunes or the pub circuit is where they will stay. They are already working on a new EP for release later in 2015 so I'll be interested to see if it's more of the same or if they have progressed!

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review Promo_21

https://www.facebook.com/ElectricViperBand
http://www.electricviper.co.uk/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Electric Viper - Heart Of Venom EP (2015) Review

Page 1 of 1