BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review Empty
PostTrespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review Trespa10

Trespass - Trespass (2015)
Independent -- Running Time: 52:36

SCORE
9/10

In recent years there has been a massive influx of bands from the late 70's and early 80's reforming, re-recording material and giving things another go. Some deserve the chance and others...well I'll be polite and say, perhaps not so much! One band that should very definitely be included in the 'deserve' category are Trespass from Sudbury in Suffolk.

Emerging in a flurry of positivity they joined the barrage of bands in the Hard Rock/Metal/NWOBHM genres and recorded a single. They then went on to have a track included on the 'Metal For Muthas Volume II' album, at the time a pretty big thing and which I'm pleased to say I have a vinyl copy of! Even though they got some fabulous reviews and looked set to join an elite set of bands the usual stories of woe and lineup changes robbed them of that chance and they never even got around to recording an album, which was a terrible shame as they had plenty of material. Well, I always say your time will come eventually and more than thirty years later Trespass have finally recorded that album.

To fans of the band then the songs will be more than recognisable from live shows and the original demos, but these are completely re-recorded versions and there have been a few arrangement changes. What hasn't changed though is the outright quality of the material and the passion and hunger with which Trespass belt it out. It's almost like the last three decades haven't happened and that makes me smile in a big way!

If you're not familiar with Trespass then they aren't your bog standard NWOBHM band. Yes, those influences are certainly there, but mixed with a healthy dose of Thin Lizzy, UFO, little bits of early Rush and some moments of 70's Glam as well. From opener 'Stormchild', passing 'One Of These Days' en route and reaching the fabulous destination of 'Lightsmith', Trespass perfectly blend the end of the Classic Rock era and the beginning of the much harder edged NWOBHM period with style! Having three original members present on this also gives a huge edge of authenticity. Mark Sutcliffe (vocals & guitar) plays a blinder with his voice in tip top form. Together with Dave Crawte (guitars) they also provide a massive selection of riffs and twin solos and with Paul Sutcliffe laying down some thunder on the drums it's left to young bassist Ed Neal to do what good bass players should do and that's fill the gaps whilst leaving some space!

There will be naysayers out there who might dislike a couple of the rearrangements and I'm sure younger 'metal' fans will wonder what all the fuss is about, but I'll tell you now, it's bands such as Trespass that paved the way for the future of Heavy Metal and without them things might be very different. With an album of brand new material due later in 2015 and gigs lined up Trespass are back wearing bloody big boots and if there is any justice they won't be muddy but shining brightly!

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review Promo_14

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trespass/416425338487231
http://www.trespassband.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespass_%28band%29

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Trespass - Trespass (2015) Album Review

Page 1 of 1