BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review Empty
PostToledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review Zero_h10

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015)
Self-Released -- Running Time: 27:07

SCORE
9/10

Due to lots of life changes, which none of you want to hear about, I've had to take a bit of a break from writing, but I'm sorted now and I've got a lot of catching up to do. First up is the return of Southampton based Toledo Steel, one of the best new Classic Metal/NWOBHM bands I've heard in a long while. They immediately impressed me live and their first, self titled, EP was a stormer. Here is the link to that review;
https://brutifulmetalradio.forumotion.com/t592-toledo-steel-toledo-steel-ep-2013-review

'Zero Hour' is the new EP (released in February) and pretty much takes off where 'Toledo Steel' landed. Everything that impressed with the debut is present and correct but this time around, along with the passion and galloping Maiden style riffs, there is more refinement and maturity. You can tick off all the classic influences. Priest, Saxon, the already mentioned Iron Maiden and thanks to the hugely diverse range of vocalist Rich Rutter, who looks and sounds like a young Bruce Dickinson mixed with Paul Di'Anno, you can also add early Helstar to that list. It's not just the classic bands though. If your exposure to this genre is through Cauldron etc then Toledo Steel will resonate just as much!

Kicking off with the title track, which is in fact a short but atmospheric keyboard intro, Toledo Steel then land a studded, gloved fist into your face with first track proper 'Fallen Empire' Think 'Piece Of Mind' era Maiden and you will be on the money. This is exactly the type of song that turned my head in the early 80's and led me on my adrenaline and alcohol fuelled younger days. 'City Lights', 'Children Of The Sun' (my favourite song here), 'Speed Killer' and 'Toledo Steel' follow in quick succession and the momentum does not drop. Everything here gets your head banging and is catchy as Chlamydia! Guitarists Tom Potter and Kyle House make a formidable partnership, bassist David Lovell throws down some great thumping bass lines, and thanks to a clear production, can be properly heard and, last but not least, drummer Matt Dobson holds everything together with more than solid stick work that also perfectly complements the bass!

Toledo Steel aren't original, far from it, but what they do is done so damned well that I really don't give a shit about that and I don't think they do either. This is how Classic Metal should sound. It's done with style, verve and a huge smile, is thoroughly enjoyable and keeps the flame alive amongst a sea of mediocrity. You cannot ask for more than that as far as I'm concerned!

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review Promo_13

https://www.facebook.com/toledosteelband
https://twitter.com/toledosteel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgbmPNkl-J9g-og3gP_BmRA
http://www.reverbnation.com/toledosteel
toledosteel@hotmail.co.uk

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Toledo Steel - Zero Hour EP (2015) Album Review

Page 1 of 1