BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review Empty
PostThe Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review Premon10

The Deep - Premonition (2015)
Independent -- Running Time: 53:37

SCORE
10/10

When vocalist Tony Coldham kindly sent me The Deep's four track demo last year I immediately knew we were in for something special, here is my review if you want to check it out https://brutifulmetalradio.forumotion.com/t576-the-deep-demo-2013-review. Tony has now very kindly sent me an un-mastered copy of 'Premonition', the band's debut album, due in March 2015 and if the demo whetted your appetite then this is going to absolutely knock you for six and remember I'm listening to an unfinished version!

Some members of The Deep have been around the music business since the early 1980's, and have been part of Airrace and Rogue Male, amongst other bands. It's fair to say that between them they have a rich heritage but if you don't believe me then listening to 'Premonition' will be the only evidence you need! The Deep's sound is rooted between Classic Hard & Heavy Rock, Melodic Rock and NWOBHM so think Saxon meets UFO and Uriah Heep and this album has given me goose bumps in places I didn't know you could get them!

First and foremost is Tony Coldham's voice which is utterly outstanding, reminiscent of one of my favourite vocalists Bernie Shaw (Uriah Heep, Grand Prix, Praying Mantis). Tony's singing is the centrepiece of The Deep, power and emotion ring out in equal fashion and he absolutely destroys many modern day 'singers', but as I said in my review of the demo, that it takes nothing away from the rest of the band who are all utterly superb. Paul Smith and Mick Feleppa' guitar work & backing vocals are fabulous. Riffs and solos fly with abandon, whether the song is heavier or more ballad driven (The Deep are extremely good at mixing things up) and bassist Don Whiberley along with drummer Steve Kingsley have become a very solid and entertaining rhythm team!

Being in a superb band doesn't just mean having good musicians though. You all know as well as I do that what matters most are the songs themselves and 'Premonition' is packed to the rafters with good songs. All four tracks from the demo are present and correct but the six new tracks showcased here are equally as good and it feels like the album has been sequenced perfectly, something a lot of bands don't bother with now in the downloading era! From the opening Saxon like riff of 'The Rider' through to closer 'Turn Me Loose' this is 100% quality and I'm privileged to be one of the first to here it! Highlight moment for me currently, and it'll probably change, is 'Saga'. One of the quieter tracks but it's near seven minutes of perfection and is just magnificent!

It's only the middle of January and to receive an album of this magnitude so early on in 2015 is really quite something special. Even though there will be other bands that get given more column space this year I will be shouting The Deep's name from the rooftops until you all get fed up with me because this band is too good to ignore and 'Premonition' is a must have for any lover of Classic Rock & Metal'. I'll be damned if I know what this album will sound like when it's actually completed because I honestly don't think the band can make it any better!

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review Promo_14

Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheDeepUK
E-mail: www.the.deepnwobhm@btinternet.com
Cover Artwork: www.cadiesart.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

The Deep - Premonition (2015) Album Review

Page 1 of 1