BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review Empty
PostDivided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review Dreamc10

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014)
Self-Released -- Running Time 39:22

SCORE
8.5/10

Divided We Fall, a five piece Symphonic Metal act from Stafford, UK are the third female fronted band I've reviewed this month (after Collibus and enkElination) and you might be thinking do we really need another of those? Well, stop thinking like that, because if some of the so-called 'big' acts, in the symphonic genre, released an album half as enjoyable as 'DreamCrusher', and this is a debut album from a young band no less, then you would all be rejoicing!

Not as full on metal as Collibus or as operatically tinged as enkElination, what makes Divided We Fall stand out from many of their peers is not only the wonderful singing of vocalist Philippa Ricketts (who, by the way, is not vocally trained at all which makes her all the more enticing and unique) but that the whole band put in great performances throughout and the songs themselves are very, very good. This is certainly not a band relying on their 'front woman' as so many do! To my ears, Divided We Fall come across as a heady mix of Delain and Kamelot mixed with a touch of pop sensibility that should see these songs appreciated by a wide audience!

Once I had looked past the, immediately impressive, cover artwork and delved into the songs themselves I was smiling. Opening title track 'Dreamcrusher' begins with a brief piano passage before guitarist Matt Nicholls and keyboardist Lee Mulcahy rip into a great riff, accompanied by the sort of speed drumming that Kamelot's Casey Grillo employs so effectively! That drumming approach along with some great double bass kick work, courtesy of Tom Walker, is used very well throughout the album, hence the Kamelot comparison. Bass is supplied, more than adequately, by Aaron Pointon and the four of them create a superb backdrop for Philippa's vocal melodies. Some of the tracks aren't lyrically upbeat, but the music is and it really works! You'll also get some of the catchiest choruses, take 'The Ship Has Sailed' as a prime example, you're likely to hear this year and a guest vocal appearance from Aonia's Melissa Adams on the track 'Until I Win'. Move aside Amaranthe, Divided We Fall have arrived!

For a self-released debut 'DreamCrusher' is an absolute treat. Full of great tracks, very well produced and complete with fabulous art and packaging, this is a band that takes pride in their art. If you're a fan of excellent, stripped back, symphonic metal without the operatics and diva ego (Philippa is one of the nicest people you will speak to) then Divided We Fall are the band for you!

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review Divide10

https://www.facebook.com/Dividedwefallmusic
http://www.dividedwefall.co.uk/
https://soundcloud.com/dividedwefallmusic
https://www.youtube.com/user/dividedwefallvideos

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Divided We Fall - DreamCrusher (2014) Album Review