BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review Empty
PostIronclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review Strike10

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013)
Violent Journey Records -- Running Time 18:00

Unpretentious Heavy Metal/Rock 'N' Roll is what Ironclad, from Finland, provide on their four track EP 'Strike & Ravage' and even though it won't win any awards for originality it's done with sincerity and a great deal of kick ass fun! Coming across like Motorhead jamming with Running Wild and Grave Digger three of the four tracks had me donning my denim and leather, picking up one of my kids plastic swords and running around the garden shouting pirate like profanities at my neighbours (believe me, they deserve it)!! If you like 'Heavy Fucking Metal' then Ironclad provide it with knobs on!

Kicking off with the title track leaves you with no illusions about this band. Vocalist 'Edward Steelgun' (these guys employ pretty silly names) sounds like a slightly more melodic Lemmy and it sets the scene well. Second track 'Harder Than Steel' continues in the same vein and does exactly what it says on the tin! Final track 'Demon Heart' is fast, furious (a bit like Motorhead playing 'Fast As A Shark') and you really start to notice the bass guitar of 'Dick Wolfgang'. which thunders through in the mix and again has a Lemmy feel!

'Warriors' is the song that lets the quality dip slightly. It's Ironclad's attempt to try something slower and a little more introspective. They might just have got away with it but unfortunately the main riff and speed seems to have been almost entirely lifted from Black Sabbath's 'Heaven & Hell'. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I cannot listen to it without hearing an inferior version of the Sabbath song and that's a shame! Guitarist 'Duke Belmont' provides some good heavy riffing and solos throughout and the superbly named 'Thorborg Bomber' hits the skins like Phil 'Philthy Animal' Taylor and Mikkey Dee personally told him he would have to walk the plank if he didn't comply!

Overall this is a great introduction from Ironclad. It's certainly nice to just hear a bit of 'balls to the wall' metal without spending ages having to try and describe it. They are well worth checking out on Facebook etc and I'll be watching out for a full length album. I'm off to find my sword again!!

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review Ironcl10

https://www.facebook.com/ironcladband
https://www.facebook.com/violentjourney
https://soundcloud.com/violentjourney/ironclad-harder-than-steel

Review written for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Ironclad - Strike & Ravage EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1