BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review Empty
PostParadise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review Tragic10

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013)
Century Media -- Running Time 57:32

I have to be honest but I was a late convert to the wonders of Paradise Lost. Obviously I have heard many tracks but it wasn't until about five years ago that I began to delve more deeply and start to get some of their albums! Seeing them live a couple of years back was also a revelation. Therefore even though this new collection, to mark the 25th Anniversary of the band, is more than likely going to be picked up by big fans, it's also a wonderful CD for someone like me who never bought the Limited and Special Editions of the original albums where many of these tracks are lifted from!

'Tragic Illusion 25' starts with a brand new song 'Loneliness Remains' and although it is not the best track they've ever penned it's still great. Full of their trademark doom laden Sabbath like Goth it gets the album off to a terrific start, but it's the following track that really takes my breath away! 'Never Take Me Alive' (originally by Spear Of Destiny) has been turned into an absolute monster of entrancing beauty. It is easily one of the best cover versions I've heard! After several more great songs taken from the 'Tragic Idol' sessions we get the orchestral mixes of 'Last Regret' and 'Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us' and they are both absolutely beautiful and strangely, in this form, remind me of the band Rage!!

On it goes with a selection of material that covers Paradise Lost's heavier material and their more electronic leanings. Even though their changing sound has divided some people in the past, I love both and considering the variety on offer here the album sounds tremendously cohesive! Vocalist 'Nick Holmes' is able to supply both harsh and beautifully clean vocals in a unique fashion. He really is a very underrated talent. 'Tragic Illusion 25' ends on two new re-recorded versions of classic tracks. Both 'Gothic' and 'Our Saviour' sound huge, especially with modern day production standards. Once again I suspect there will be a few who bemoan a band that re-records past material, but as I said in my recent Saxon review, if they are still releasing great new material as well then why not!

There will be some die hard Paradise Lost fans who, apart from the three 'new' recordings (which are also available on a Ltd Edition 10" Vinyl), will have gone out and collected everything on offer here, but it's great to have all this material on one disc, more so considering the quality is of such a high standard. This a more than worthy addition to the bands catalogue and my collection!

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review Paradi10

https://www.facebook.com/paradiselostofficial
https://twitter.com/OfficialPL
https://twitter.com/nickholmespl
https://www.facebook.com/centurymedia

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1