BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review Empty
PostThe Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review Browni10

The Browning - Hypernova (2013)
Earache Records/Century Media -- Running Time 46:11

Before I get going properly can I ask this? What possessed these guys to call themselves 'The Browning'? I hope there is a good reason because otherwise it's an awful name. If someone can enlighten me then please do! I've not heard of this lot before but they do have two EP's and a debut album 'Burn The World' (2011) already out and their style/genre of music is a completely new one to me!

'The Browning' describe themselves as Metal/Electronica and mix Death Metal and Metalcore with Dubstep and Trance. In actual fact, musically, the metal aspect of things takes a back seat with the guitars of 'Collin Woroniak' being very low in the mix. Imagine a full on 'Ministry Of Sound' album, add a bit of guitar, blast beats and Deathcore harsh vocals and that is what this band sounds like!

I'm really not a fan of this vocally. I'm repeating myself but I like harsh vocals to still have diversity and 'Jonny McBee' doesn't do diversity. This style of just screaming incessantly into a microphone does nothing for me at all. There is no light and shade. I know you have to have a certain something to be able to achieve it properly I just wish people wouldn't! Musically however, and I am amazed I'm saying it, this is quite addictive in places. Listening to the whole album in one go, at home, does get a bit tedious (although in a club I could see it going down pretty well), but in smaller doses and especially on the songs 'Slaves' with its eastern influence and 'Fearplex', I found myself tapping my feet and nodding my head!

Of course I'm not about to announce that I'm a convert to dance music, that just isn't going to happen, but you do have to admire a band who are trying something this different, even if it doesn't ring your bell. Ending the album on a full trance remix is a complete no-no as well!

'The Browning' (please do something with that name) are a complete oddity. I'm not a fan of dance music or screamed monotone vocals so why was my foot tapping in places? Perhaps I need to lie down or up the dose on my meds! Anyway, if you are a fan of either branch of music then I can see crossover appeal. Everything is screaming that I should hate this, but I just cannot bring myself to be that harsh!

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review The_br10

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrowningOfficial
https://twitter.com/thebrowningband
https://www.facebook.com/earacherecords
https://www.facebook.com/centurymedia

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

The Browning - Hypernova (2013) Album Review