BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review Empty
PostKill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review Kdh_re10

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013)
Century Media -- Running Time 54:32

As soon as I first heard about plans for Kill Devil Hill I had a feeling it was going to be good. Much like fellow 'Supergroup' Adrenaline Mob it really piqued my interest and the fact that both bands extensively toured together in 2012 says something about the quality of the musicians taking part.

'Revolution Rise' is Kill Devil Hill's sophomore release and if you really liked their debut, self-titled album (I certainly did) then this one will not only blow you away but also confirm that we aren't just looking at a collection of well known musicians but a 'real band' Put together by one of my favourite drummers 'Vinny Appice' (Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, Dio, WWIII) alongside bassist 'Rex Brown' (Pantera, Down, Crowbar), guitarist 'Mark Zavon' (Ratt, WWIII) and vocalist 'Dewey Bragg (Pissing Razors) Kill Devil Hill mean business and if you're new to the band then be prepared to eat a plate of the brown stuff if you think the term 'Supergroup', in this case, means quantity and not quality!

Kill Devil Hill play music somewhere between Dio fronted Sabbath and Alice In Chains (sounds odd but works like a dream). It's heavy metal but with a Southern groove and sludgy feel that gets you reaching for the bottle of JD. The immediately recognisable styles of Appice and Brown shine through and together they make a formidable and thumping rhythm team. Zavon's riffs and solos drive the band forward beautifully and Bragg's vocals have improved no end here. He sounds really settled in now and his proper singing (he's uncannily similar to Layne Staley at times) really make Kill Devil Hill stand out from so many modern bands who just use shouters and screamers!

Within seconds of the main riff kicking in on opener 'No Way Out' my air drum kit got a serious bashing, in fact this is precisely the sort of band I would love to drum for, and author Enid Blyton could have named her well known character 'Noddy' after me, my head was moving that much. It also contains a smoking guest solo from 'Mr Zakk Wylde'. This isn't just good, this is catchy as hell and it's one of those albums you just have to play LOUD! Amongst all of the power though, there is one track that really stands out and it shows a more melodic side to the band! 'Long Way From Home' is something that could have been written by Randy Rhoads if he had ever been a member of AIC. Guitar wise it gives me a 'Diary Of A Madman' feel. It is a superb song and if it doesn't get some serious radio airplay then it's a travesty!

'Jeff Pilson (Dokken, Foreigner) has produced 'Revolution Rise' to perfection with all instruments sounding clear and at the correct levels and this is yet another CD that has crept into my top ten of the year, which to be fair is now about a top thirty! Kill Devil Hill are the real deal people. Let the revolution begin!

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review Kill_d10

http://www.killdevilhillmusic.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KillDevilHillMusic
https://twitter.com/klldvlhll

Review written for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Kill Devil Hill - Revolution Rise (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1