BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review Empty
PostAbsolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review Absolv12

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013)
Rocksector Records Total Running Time DVD 84:27, CD 59:00

If you're a regular reader of my reviews at Brutiful Metal Radio then you'll know what a big fan I am of classic metal band Absolva. I've reviewed their superb album 'Flames Of Justice', interviewed them and seen them live twice this year. In Rocksector Records they are also on the best independent record label the UK has to offer, so when this Limited Edition Fan Pack of their live album and DVD 'Beyond Live' was announced I immediately snapped up a copy. This pack also contains a Tour T-Shirt, signed poster, wristband and guitar pick. I'm not sure how many of these are left (if any) but you can buy the CD & DVD separately of course.

Absolva really are one of the hardest working bands on the circuit at the moment, 2013 has been absolutely non-stop gigging and it has paid off handsomely. This DVD was filmed on 23rd March 2013 when Absolva headlined the annual 'Wizzfest' in Belgium. This was also one of the final performances of second guitarist Tom Atkinson who left the band shortly afterwards. Considering we're not talking huge budgets here the DVD is excellent from start to finish as are Absolva. Several camera angles cover all of the action and all the band members get great coverage. I mentioned in my album review that if there was one very tiny niggle it's that the production didn't quite capture the rawness of Absolva live and this gig proves exactly what I meant. Chris Appleton, Martin McNee and Dan Bate (as well as Tom) are tighter than a tight thing. Guitar work is phenomenal and very heavy, Martin is a fantastic drummer (he even pulls out a wonderful little drum solo on this) and Dan thumps the bass like a loaded weapon! Chris's vocals are also great. He doesn't hit every note but that's good because this is a PROPER live performance. There has been no tinkering afterwards in the studio because Absolva know they are damned good and the packed (sold out in fact) crowd in Belgium know it too! We are not only treated to just about all of the Flames Of Justice album but also two new tracks that will be included on their new album set for release in 2014. If those tracks are anything to go by then said album is going to be a monster!

There are nearly 25 minutes of extras in the form of the obligatory road trip, interview and behind the scenes footage that lead up nicely to the beginning of the gig. It captures why I love these guys so much. Friendly, funny and completely down to earth. There is no skimping on the CD version either. It has exactly the same lineup of tracks and obviously sounds just as good, however if you have the choice then the DVD is the one to go for. Packaging and artwork is concise but superb and once again pointing out that there isn't an open ended budget the whole thing reeks of quality.

If this all sounds a bit gushing then I'm sorry, but I'm writing this as a real fan of the band. I know how hard they've worked to get to this point in a short space of time and I have huge admiration for them. If there is any flaming justice on this planet of ours then Absolva thoroughly deserve for it to head their way! Highly recommended!

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review Absolv13

http://www.mwaweb.com/absolva_home.htm
https://www.facebook.com/absolva
http://www.mwaweb.com/rocksector.htm

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Absolva - Beyond Live Fan Pack (DVD, CD & More) (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1