BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review Empty
PostVoodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review A_walk10

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013)
Independent -- Running Time 21:37

Voodoo Terror Tribe have been around since 2005 releasing albums and EP's but this is my first contact with the band who are from Rockaway, New Jersey. By all accounts their sound has mutated over the years and new EP 'A Walk In Hell' has arrived to show where they currently are musically, although giving you a definitive description of where that is won't be easy as they appear to cradle various genres depending on the track. Regardless of that fact 'A Walk In Hell' whips up a storm and is a great listen!

There are four originals and a cover of Rebel Yell (Billy Idol) on the EP. Opening track 'Screaming Dreams' is very industrial in sound with some great synth work that gives the song an edge. It straddles the line perfectly between heavy and melodic and is a good starting point. 'DAS' and final track 'Bloodsoaked' are very different but do have something in common in that they both sound quite like Devin Townsend, and that's not a complaint by the way! 'DAS' is once again more industrial in flavour and has an extremely catchy chorus (80's band Dead Or Alive also came to mind listening to this) whilst 'Bloodsoaked' is a pretty brutal Death/Thrash track that could sit fairly comfortably on a Strapping Young Lad album. Last original is the title track and this reminded me very much of Robert Lowe era Candlemass and is a an absolute belter! 'Rebel Yell' is one of those songs that over the years has been played far too many times on 'best of' radio and TV programmes and to be fair I've got a bit bored of hearing it all the time. Also not everyone wants to hear a cover, especially on a five track EP, BUT, I think Voodoo Terror Tribe have actually breathed new life into it and I prefer it to the original!

Vocalist 'Gil Pz' manages to straddle all of these musical styles very well sounding quite Anselmo like in places. Founding member and guitarist 'Emir Erkal' provides some great riffs and solos, again complimenting the different sounding genres and 'Primer' (bass) and 'T-Bone' (drums) are very solid in the rhythm department. Voodoo Terror Tribe are yet another band who have put a smile on my face in 2013 and I'll look forward to a new full length if that is their next move. I'm also going to have to go and check out their back catalogue as well!

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review Vtt_pr10

http://www.vttrocks.com/
https://www.facebook.com/vttrocks
https://twitter.com/vttrocks

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Voodoo Terror Tribe - A Walk In Hell EP (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1