BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review Empty
PostFranklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review Untame10

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013)
Self-Released -- Running Time 46:49

If someone had given me 'Untamed', the debut album from Danish group Franklin Zoo about ten years ago I would probably have given it a listen and passed. You regulars out there will know that, hell I'm going to have to write the word, 'Grunge' is not my 'thing' and it pretty much nailed the coffin lid on Rock & Metal in the 1990's as far as I'm concerned! However, I'm older and wiser these days (well, older for sure) and now I also write reviews, meaning that I really do listen to everything I receive multiple times and try to be as informative and fair as I can!

Franklin Zoo formed in 2009 and in the time since have apparently made a huge impact on the Danish scene as well as receiving interest from other countries. They are about as near to full on Grunge as you're likely to hear these days, thanks largely to the vocals of 'Rasmus Revsbech', who is very good but might as well have been born in Seattle They do have a healthy dose of Classic Rock intertwined as well, which makes them much more palatable to my ears than they would otherwise!

'Untamed' kicks off with the pretty pointless 'Intro', which is more a 'one minute riff' that fades into nothing rather than a proper intro! Sorry guys, but I really cannot see the point of it being on the album! 'Overflown' is the first track proper and is actually very good. 'Søren Dabros' and 'Daniel Hecht' provide good guitar work (something apparent throughout all of 'Untamed'), the rhythm section of bassist 'Anders Rune' & drummer 'Philip Kjær Morthorst' is clear & tight and the whole thing sounds very good. There are some fine tracks here 'Stay', 'Say It Out Loud', Your Man' and the more balled driven, but excellent, 'Known I'm Me' all ring my bell, but, and of course you knew there was one of those coming, there are also a couple of areas where Franklin Zoo could really change things for the better!

Solos are the first thing that are conspicuous by their absence. Like almost all Grunge acts before them, Franklin Zoo don't utilise any soloing on 'Untamed' which I think is a terrible shame. I'm not asking for 'Paul Gilbert' or 'George Lynch' to pop up out of the woodwork, or to even have something on every song but occasionally, it would be nice just to break up the flow a little! That comment leads to my second issue and that is song structure. Many of the tracks and also vocal melodies are quite similar in speed and style. Again, like most bands of their ilk, Franklin Zoo write songs that are slower than average. Some variation in tempo would definitely spice things up otherwise it can get a bit tedious.

This is still a good album and if you love your Grunge then 'Untamed is a must buy. I'm not about to go running naked down the street shouting their name just yet, but I have removed my shoes and socks! It's taken a lot for me to admit that I like this. I could have been shallow and lied but I wouldn't be much of a reviewer if I had done that would I?

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review Frankl10

https://www.facebook.com/franklinzoofb
http://www.franklinzoo.dk/
https://twitter.com/franklinzoo

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Franklin Zoo - Untamed (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1