BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review Empty
PostNorhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review The_bl10

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013)
Wormholedeath Records -- Running Time 45:07

Here we have the debut album from Italian Symphonic/Orchestral/Operatic Metal seven piece Norhod and even though I think we are seeing far too many bands of this type it's still a very good album. If you like metal in the vein of After Forever, ReVamp, Nightwish, Tarja or even the lighter side of Cradle of Filth then you will like this! Formed in 2009, Norhod spent a couple of years suffering from lineup changes and trying to find the right people to fit in. In early 2012 they released their debut EP : "Arianrhod" which piqued the interest of Wormholedeath Records, and they set about writing and recording 'The Blazing Lilly' which has been produced by the band and' Wahoomi Corvi' and mastered by Mika Jussila to great effect.

What you'll notice first, apart from the great instrumentation on opener 'Caer Arianrhod (A Moon Tale Pt.1)' are the very good operatic vocals of Clara Ceccarelli who sounds very reminiscent of Tarja Turunen and Floor Jansen in her After Forever days. Like Tarja she comes across too operatically for me in places and seems quite high in the mix, but believe me, I've heard some very poor female vocalists in the past and Clara is certainly NOT one of those! Likewise, the growls of Giacomo 'Jev' Casa are also good, being quite restrained and not overused and the two of them complement one another very nicely indeed. All the remaining band members, Andrea 'Bistru' Stefani & Giacomo Vannucci on guitars, bassist Matteo Giusti, drummer Francesco Aytano and Michele Tolomei who plays some lovely keyboards, are extremely proficient and the songs, plus the album as a whole flow nicely. There are also some very acceptable folk influences creeping into songs such as 'Through The Forest'

As mentioned though, the downside is that there are a glut of bands playing music like this (Italy, especially in recent times, is producing a lot of Rhapsody & Nightwish type groups) and even though it's one of the better albums I've reviewed in this genre, it just feels like I've heard it all before. I really do not mean that to sound detrimental but put it next to the latest ReVamp album 'Wild Card' and it sounds a bit formulaic! Norhod have seven very capable musicians ,'The Blazing Lily', at forty five minutes in length, does not outstay its welcome and it will very definitely appeal to many people but I would just like some of these bands to grab the bull by the horns and try something a little different!

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review Norhod10

http://www.norhod.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Norhod
http://www.wormholedeath.com/

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment byRick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Norhod - The Blazing Lily (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1