BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review Empty
PostTemple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review Demo_m10

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013)
Self- Released/The Metal Detector Music Promotions -- Running Time 23:19

Temple Of Void are a very new five piece Death/Doom Metal band hailing from Detroit, Michigan and as the title suggests this is a Demo! Make sure you say that out loud plenty of times when you hear it because this is the best quality demo I've ever heard. Massive amounts of credit must go to the band and Clyde Wilson at MountDoom Studios in Michigan for making this sound better than many albums I've listened to in the past! I know technology has moved on but my own experiences with demos twenty five years ago, where the best sound we could get was similar to playing underwater, means that my head refuses to comprehend what Temple Of Void have achieved with this! Coupled with some excellent packaging the whole thing is way better than most bands could dream of at this level.

Excellent mix aside, the three tracks on offer present a healthy first recording for this band, and even though we aren't looking at something startlingly original there is enough to suggest that Temple Of Void will become a more familiar name over the next couple of years. Opener 'Beyond The Ultimate' and following track 'Exanimate Gaze' both come in at around the six minute mark, are solid mid paced thumpers, with some good but slightly repetitive guitar work. If anything, both of these songs focus slightly more on the Death aspect of the band especially when you add in the vocals of Mike Erdody, who screams like he sold his soul to the devil and wants it back! Even though the mix is clear Temple Of Void still manage to supply that dirty, almost Southern tinged, low end that a Doom band needs to supply the oomph! However, eleven minute final track 'Bargain In Death' is where things start to happen. This track comes across like Electric Wizard duelling with Black Sabbath and Candlemass and is my favourite song here. The Doom elements come to the fore and the almost ad-lib elongated guitar solo which closes the track is fantastic!

Temple of Void are obviously doing something right though. Within a month of this demo being released back in May they had signed two deals to have CD & Cassette (remember those) versions of it released and a further two to have their debut album released on CD and Vinyl next year. Personally I would like more melody in the vocals but if Temple Of Void can write more songs like 'Bargain In Death' then that debut album could well be a good one. Fans of Death/Doom should remember the name!

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review Temple10

https://www.facebook.com/TempleOfVoid
http://templeofvoid.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheMetalDetectorMusicPromotions

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
https://www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Temple Of Void - Demo MMXIII (2013) Review

Page 1 of 1