BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful_ViXn
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful_ViXn

Zodiac : Aries Metal Reputation : 88

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review Empty
PostNordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review Nordhe10

Nordheim - Refill (2013)
Maple Metal Records -- Running Time 39:31

After releasing debut 'Lost In The North' in 2010, Canadian band Nordheim return with their second full length album 'Refill' and if you're partial to Goblins and Elves, mastering the oceans in a Viking Longboat or seeing how much ale you can down from a drinking horn before collapsing in a heap, then you'll like this lot very much indeed. As you might have guessed from that description Nordheim place themselves very firmly in the Folk/Pagan/Viking/Black Metal genres and in 'Refill' have delivered a metal album either bursting with fine wine or complete cheese, depending on your point of view. Me...well I'm not a connoisseur of this genre, but I've heard enough to know what I like and what I don't and I like this a lot.

Yes, this is extreme metal, full of blast beats and harsh vocals, but if you can get past those things, Nordheim have served a banquet of songs full of melody, structure, precision and power so even if, like me, you haven't got a clue what's being sung about (I have no lyric sheet) the music alone should be enough to get your fist pumping and searching for the inflatable hammer/sword you used when you last saw Turisas live! If bands such as 'Ensiferum', 'Korpiklaani', 'Eluveitie', 'Finntroll', 'Wintersun' or 'Trollfest' (who make an appearance on the song 'Get Drunk Or Die Tryin') and occasionally the icy tones of 'Orden Ogan', 'Bathory' and 'Falkenbach' (listen to 'Mask Of The Banned One') are in your collection then you can add Nordheim to that list.

Of course I rate it even more when they come out of hyper speed as is evidenced by some cracking 'less quick' riffs, especially in 'Under A Crying Storm'. I find the songs even stronger when that happens, but that it just my personal preference! Everything sounds as clear as a bell thanks to a crisp and heavy production from 'Jef Fortin' (Neuraxis, Blackguard, Unexpect and Augury amongst others), the musicianship of 'Warraxe' (Lead Vocals & Guitars), 'Fred' (Lead Guitars), 'BenFok' (Bass & Vocals), 'Thom' (Keyboards) and 'Lukas' (Drums) is wonderful and 'Nicolas Francoeur' of Vorace Art has created some lovely artwork that perfectly conveys the music!

Nordheim are a band and 'Refill' an album that wouldn't necessarily be on my radar because I have far too many bands on that already, but reviewing does open up opportunities for you to discover other sounds and I'm very glad about that although it does mean I now have to start filling up a second radar!

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review Nordhe11

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nordheim/230922264635
https://twitter.com/nordheimband
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nordheimband
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maple-Metal-Records/178757762160304

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley: www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Nordheim - Refill (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1