BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review Empty
PostFallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review Italia10

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012)
Slowfood Play Fast Entertainment/Noisy Hour Records -- Running Time - 34:55

SCORE
8/10

I was originally sent this album to review last year and can, once again, only apologise for the delay, especially as Fallen Fucking Angels have recently released a new album. However, on the strength of 'Italian Restaurant' (which has to be given an award for cracking album title) I shall be checking that out!

Formed in Viareggio, Tuscany (Italy) around 1999 Fallen Fucking Angels or F.F.A as it's sometimes shortened to, have released a healthy mixture of Demos, EP's, Split albums and, with the new album 'Sign Of The Razor' four full lengths in their time! They are a classic sounding Speed Metal band in the vein of Razor, Exciter and Raven and even though they won't win any originality battles are good at what they do. This is made more even more palatable, excuse the pun, by injecting a good dose of humour into their music, most of which seems to be about food with a bit of war thrown in for good measure ('Veganazism'), but I suppose coming from a region of Italy renowned for its food, wine and culture then why not? It certainly makes a change from dungeons and dragons!

Instrumental 'Lost Over The Mountain' kicks things off and to be fair it's pretty pointless apart from adding one and a half minutes to the fairly short album running time so it's down to 'Annapurna' to do the job of being first track proper and it immediately reminded me of Razor and Exciter, albeit with a heavy Italian accent. Filippo Belli is the vocalist and, ok, he doesn't possess the best voice in the world but it suits the music. Add to that, he is also the drummer, which is something I've always admired even though I know some feel it loses a band a focal point in the live setting, but it never hurt Exciter! Alberto Moriani and Stefano Giusti provide some sizzling guitar and Leonardo Tomei provides the meat and two veg on the bass!

There really isn't a track on here that you won't find yourself headbanging to and I suspect F.F.A are immense fun to watch live. 'Road Pigs On The Highway', 'Ludicrous Speed' (which actually isn't quite that fast!), 'B Movie Mania' 'I Am The Stopper' and the title track are perfect for an evening out with plenty of beer, or a good Chianti and spaghetti with pork balls if you prefer! If you are a person who knows what they like and want some good, fun, sing-along Speed Metal all played with plenty of talent then Fallen Fucking Angels serve it up on this album of choice cuts. If, on the other hand you are after haute cuisine then you'll need to go and look elsewhere!

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review Logo10

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FFA-Speed-Metal-Barbeque/2183850949232
http://fallenfuckingangelsffa.bandcamp.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/ffafallenfuckingangels

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley:
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

This review is the property of Rick Tilley and Brutiful Entertainment.
Copying any part of this review for your own use (unless you are the band and/or record label/PR company), is strictly prohibited.
Failure to comply, is considered "plagiarism" and you will be turned over to Google and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) for immediate take down!

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Fallen Fucking Angels - Italian Restaurant (2012) Album Review

Page 1 of 1