BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review Empty
PostAgent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review Kingdo10

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013)
Self-Released -- Running Time: 45:10

SCORE
8/10

Agent are another band that I probably wouldn't have taken so much notice of without doing this wonderful reviewing job. Why is that? Well, they play a more Modern, Alternative genre of Rock with progressive elements and comparisons could be drawn with bands such as Tool, Muse and Bush and you'll know that's not an area of the rock spectrum that usually does an awful lot for me. However, I saw them play live recently, and I was very impressed, not only with their musicianship but also the quality of the songs!

Originally formed in New Zealand, Agent released two well received EP's and a debut album before relocating to London in 2008. As beautiful as NZ is you're not going to create much of a buzz outside of that country if you stay, so moving to the UK was the correct, but also an incredibly brave thing to do, there are after all no guarantees. A couple of lineup changes and a settling in period ensued before Agent finally got around to releasing album number two, but they have stuck to their guns and 'Kingdom Of Fear', which was released at the tail end of 2013, has been widely accepted as an extremely good album and one that sees Agent on the right path to breaking through to what could be a very wide audience indeed!

I'm in total agreement with the verdict of others in this particular case. Rather than leave me cold, which is what the above mentioned bands do, Agent come across, personally speaking, as a serious Primus or Freak Kitchen style of band. Their melodies are strong, and grow on you the more you listen, the musicianship is wonderful, with special mention going to the bass guitar work of Matt Flower. He really stood out in a live setting and that remains the case in the studio. Songs are well constructed, thought provoking and although the lyrics are dark and quite depressive they perfectly suit the music and are well sung by vocalist and guitarist James Donaldson. You'll also find Agent can seriously rock with the best as the song 'Lunatic' will aptly demonstrate and funk it up as 'Wilt The Garden' proves. They also certainly have a flair for the progressive! Production is beautifully crisp and was handled by Paul Matthews and the album, booklet and CD art is beautiful!

I'm sure there will be some who view Agent as another dour and pompous modern rock/indie act aiming for the Reading and Glastonbury Festival crowd but if you delve beneath the surface you will find a band with a heck of a lot more to offer than that musically and I am also impressed with their attitude. If you want to try something a bit different from your usual dose of Metal then the album 'Kingdom Of Fear' and the band Agent could well be the answer!

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review Agent_10

https://www.facebook.com/agentbandhq
http://agentband.com/
https://twitter.com/agentband
https://www.youtube.com/user/BURDENOFEXPRESSION

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Agent - Kingdom Of Fear (2013) Album Review

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT :: Brutiful Entertainment Reviews :: RICK TILLEY - FREELANCE WRITER-
Jump to: