BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review Empty
PostLacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review Broken10

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014)
Century Media -- Running Time: 41:15

SCORE
6/10

'Broken Crown Halo' is the seventh album from Italian Pop/Gothic Metal stalwarts Lacuna Coil. I've obviously heard many of their songs and albums before but I've never really been what you could call a fan. I've always seen them as another band that gets a numerous amount of coverage and followers because they have a female singer and a slightly more commercial sound, not because they've actually released anything staggeringly good. Of course, they do have that following and they are obviously good sellers for Century Media!

There is no doubting that Christina Scabbia has a good voice and it works well in conjunction with male singer Andrea Ferro, it's just that the songs themselves seem formulaic and bland and that feeling continues with 'Broken Crown Halo'. It's a fair listen, but like so much of their material, that's about it. Lacuna Coil seem to play it very safe. They know what sells for them and they stick to it. It doesn't challenge or excite me like I want my music to do unfortunately.

There is much talk about this being the last album that will feature long standing members Cristiano Mozzati (drums) and Cristiano Miigliore (guitars) and whether Lacuna Coil can continue to do what they do without them. I actually see this as a good thing because new members, if chosen correctly, could inject a much needed change to proceedings and let the band try something more adventurous. If, of course, they choose to enlist two sound-a-likes then business will continue as usual and I'll probably be sitting here in five years saying exactly the same thing about album number 9 or 10! Other than Die & Rise which is a very good song, even if It's not breaking any musical boundaries, 'Broken Crown Halo' will only ever be background music for me! Even the album art seems bland and forgettable but as I only have a digital copy of the album to review I cannot comment on the booklet any further.

If you have liked their previous material then I suspect you'll like this album just as much. That's about as much as I can say really because it's not going to convert anyone else to the cause!

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review Promo_10

https://www.facebook.com/lacunacoil
http://www.lacunacoil.it/
https://twitter.com/lacuna_coil
https://www.facebook.com/centurymedia

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo (2014) Album Review