BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Welcome to Brutiful Entertainment! Take a look around the forums area (hit the forum button). We hope you enjoy your stay and come back anytime!!
BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUTIFUL ENTERTAINMENT

Promotions, News, & Reviews

PROMOTIONSHomeBrutiful UniScentsINTEXcablesLatest imagesFancy Guitar CaposSINISTER GUITAR PICKSSelect A Head LLCDAHMER ARTCurt Mangan StringsMandalorian Mercs Costume ClubGalleryLog inRegister4TH BMF 2015

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brutiful
Reign In Metal
Reign In Metal
Brutiful

Zodiac : Aquarius Metal Reputation : 1

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review Empty
PostKill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review Kill_a10

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013)
Self Released/Stampede Press -- Running Time 30:46

Score: 7/10

This self-titled EP is the debut from Exeter, UK based Kill All The Gentlemen, but you might well know them from their previous name Vanadium. Probably best described as Modern Melodic Death Metal, but with a huge array of influences that should appeal to a wide audience, this EP sees the band present five tracks of full on metal punctuated with three, very melodic, interlude pieces. I'll be honest and say it really isn't easy trying to pinpoint 'a sound' for Kill All The Gentlemen, which is actually a pretty satisfying thing to say in an age when so many bands try to associate themselves with a particular genre, or create a new name for one, when in actual fact their music doesn't warrant it!

I've given Kill All The Gentlemen the 'Melodic Death Metal' tag because of Lead Vocalist and Guitarist Adam Martin's harsh vocals. You should know me well enough by now to understand that this style of 'singing' is not always one which I'm particularly keen on but after a few listens his delivery started to grow on me, especially on the very eerie chorus of 'Midnight In Eden' which is my favourite track here. Of course it helps greatly that the band very definitely have the musical ability to back up the vocals and this is where the many influences emerge. Death, Thrash, Hardcore, Technical, Progressive etc. All of these styles smash headlong into one another and produce something quite individual.

Guitarist and Backing Vocalist 'Fish' (no, not that one) compliments Martin's extremely well and both of them produce some very technical shredding with great soloing. Bassist 'Dean Trott' puts his talents to good use throughout but especially on the shorter, not complicated, but very atmospheric and melodic intro and interludes 'Epithet', 'Frost On The Sun' and 'Lives Lost'. Once again though (yes I know it's because I'm also a drummer) star of the show goes to 'Olan Parkinson', who comes from a much heavier Death and Grindcore background but wanted to try something different and he absolutely nails the drumming!

A good way to check the band out is to watch their video for single 'A Rose All Evil Chose' on YouTube, but also try and check out 'Nailstorm' and the seven minute 'Legion Of I', which has echoes of early Black Sabbath in the slower sections. This is a very accomplished EP, excellently produced by James Dunkley (Anthrax, Lawnmower Deth). that bodes well for the future and Kill All The Gentlemen have been added to my shortish list of modern 'heavy' bands that I'm going to keep a close eye on!

https://www.facebook.com/killallthegentlemen
http://www.killallthegentlemen.com/
https://twitter.com/katgtheband
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCHlWuQVXpl8ZloY1-CXQNQ

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review Kill_a11

Review written exclusively for Brutiful Entertainment by Rick Tilley
www.facebook.com/richard.tilley.351

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review :: Comments

No Comment.

Kill All The Gentlemen - Self Titled EP (2013) Review